Warehouse District Will See 1.1 Million Visitors This Fall
How do warehouse, residents and business welcome visitors to the area? How do we maintain security, vibrancy and community spirit?
Chasing the Purple Flag Steering Committee held community meetings, engaged business owners and received feedback on strategies to have Warehouse District be welcoming, secure and keep our community spirit. Strategies to support;
- Late Night Venues who are investing in safety
- Parking lots supporting visitors to the area
- Supporting vulnerable population
- Promoting the area’s “Uniqueness”
- Edmonton Police Service supports “Safer Parking Lots”. EPS developed accreditation program for parking lot. Worked launched in March 2016.
- Best Bar None – Accreditation Program promotes safe and vibrant venues
- Late Night Bus Service runs until 3 am
- REACH Edmonton program
- E-Town newsletter
- Ice District
- Rogers Place
- Wayfinding, City of Edmonton
- Walkable, City of Edmonton
And very important City of Edmonton apps! Everyone should download these apps.